Sunday, August 9, 2009

Update on the Playmat Project...

Ugh! I am not a fan of unfinished projects. I like things completed before I move on to another project... so my stack of yarn and strips of knitting in the corner of my family room is driving me bonkers!! I have been working on the "Playmat" blanket from Debbie Abraham's book "100 more afghan squares to knit". I got the book at the library and have been working on this darn project since March 11...The project is long and not tons of fun. I knit a square or two and then put it aside for a couple weeks. So I've only finished 3.5 strips (7 squares per strip) out of the 7 total strips. So if my math is correct, I've knitted 24 squares out of the 49 total squares! I'm 50% done...
I ordered the Debbie Bliss Stella (cotton, silk blend) Yarn online from Jimmy Beans Wool (located in Reno, NV I believe) at 1/2 price. The skeins were marked down to $3.50. Needing 28 skeins of yarn was going to be expensive at anything more than that! I really enjoy the yarn but the colors came and were quite surprising! The monitor didn't match the colors I received. The colors were extremely bright and vibrant (very anti-Sarah). So it's pretty gaudy but it's meant for a kid and gaudy will be fun.Here are a couple pictures from the progress I've made. Sorry that the pictures are terrible - it's been raining all day and I had the knitting out so I was going to take pictures no matter what.
I'm aiming to have this project done before my fingers crack off because of old age. Who knows if that will happen... Perhaps if I was more in love with the colors or had more fun doing it I would be done by now....

No comments: