Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Freebie: Varsity Dog Sweater


Here it is ya'll! I finally sat down this afternoon and wrote up the pattern. I didn't have any test knitters so if you find a mistake please email me and let me know.

The sweater is written for 3 sizes (shown on my poodle is the medium) and would be the perfect sweater to knit for your pooch in your favorite team colors.

The pattern is available in pdf format for free here. Please leave a comment and let me know how it goes!

Happy Fall!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like a picture of his/her back please.

Unknown said...

I just gave my Yorkie a haircut. I live on a very brutal cold mountain. My little Tanner is very cold from the loss of his hair, and when I found this sweater, it was so quick to make, I put it on him and he was so happy! Thanks so much!

Sarah G said...

Thanks Christina for the comment!
Take a look here: http://miaandmaddie.blogspot.com/2009/09/sneak-peek-new-dog-sweater.html
for an earlier posting on the sweater that has more pictures.
Enjoy!

jazzygal said...

Thanks for the pattern...I've just printed it off! I'm getting back into knitting after a long break! x Jazzy

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the pattern. I love it. I used the basic pattern to make personalized sweater for my yorkie. I just posted pictures on my blog (http://childofnature.tumblr.com/) I put a link to the this page at the bottom. Thanks for the great pattern

Anonymous said...

could you please explain further how to knit the leg openings. I am a bit confused.
Thank you
Dorothy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pattern!
I'm going to knit this for my little mixed breed.
It is to cold for him when it gets below -9 degrees, and then he wants to stay inside. ;)
Best wishes from Norway.

lo said...

Thanks! I'm trying knit it. My mother in law wants one for their dog :)

Cortarcoserpegaryvueltaaempezar.blogspot.com