Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Birthday


Today my parents threw a little birthday celebration for me at their house. It was a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon - my brother was even in town from Chicago. We had a wonderful brunch and cake for dessert (yummy Hummingbird Cake from Zingerman's). It was a delicious meal and I was stuffed!!
After the wonderful meal we (my parents, husband, grandparents, brother, and aunt) played a hand of cards called "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" (known as "Oh Hell" to others). I didn't win - couldn't they have let the birthday girl win??
I also got to open presents and my husband surprised me with a new lens for my camera - the "Nikon 35 mm f/1.8 AF-S Dx." It's great for low light situations so I don't need to use a flash so often which is fabulous.
A gift that you crafters would be interested in is a BAG FULL of yarn from my Grandparents. They gave me 4 skeins of wool yarn in 3 different, coordinating colors for a total of almost 2000 yards of yarn! I'm thinking I might made a felted carpet bag from the yarn. Any other suggestions?
We brought our animals over to my parents house, including little "Dexter" hoping that the added interaction with people would help him learn social skills. He had a blast running around with Mia and snuggling with every family member. He's still bottle feeding and has absolutely no interest in trying to eat anything other than something coming out of a little latex nipple. But I'm sure he won't eat out of a bottle forever so I guess I just need a little patience....So today was a nice Sunday afternoon. A day filled with great food, presents, my brother I never see, and the love of my family. Now it's time for the week to begin...

1 comment:

Andrea Fox said...

happy birthday sarah! way to go on the new lens - can't wait to hear/see how you like it.