Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe that Sam and I have been together for 10 years today. Our first date was Halloween in 1998! Happy Anniversary to us!


Well I thought I would update on my current little project:

Here are the details:
Pattern: "Baby Shorts"
Book: Essential Baby
Author: Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Color: Red
Needles: U.S. 2 and U.S. 3 Straight Needles (I used Clover Takumi Needles)
Skeins: 2.1 skeins (289 yards total)

Changes to pattern:
Boy am I glad that I knitted both pieces of this pattern at the same time! I initially was knitting both halves at the same time to avoid needing to pay attention to counting rows or making sure that both pieces were the exact same size. But in the end I was glad I knitted both of them at the same time because I just barely ran out of yarn (my second skein ran out with 3 rows to go!) so I switched to black Cashmerino for the last 3 rows which actually made a really good little accent.
I didn't make any other changes to the pattern except for a little "G" that I worked in intarsia in black on the back pocket area (where you would put a pocket). I thought the pattern needed little "oomph" and it is a great little accent.
Total time knitting: 15 hours or so.

My next project? I believe I will either start on the "Alice Beret" by Louisa Harding or the "Posh Wedding Shrug" by Cecily Glowik or the "Falling Snow Stocking" by Jennifer Hoel. Either way, it will be something for me.

No comments: