Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today was a nice day - warm and sunny! It was a perfect day for a quick family portrait. So I set up the tripod and we took a quick pic to document our 10 year anniversary. Too cute...

We stopped by my parents and I wrote down the name of the books my mom purchased at the local yarn shop for shawl patterns. She purchased:
1. Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle
2. Wrapped in Comfort by Alison Hyde
The project my mom has started for Leah's wedding is called "Bigfoot Shawl" by Alison Hyde. She is knitting the shawl with Katia's "Colibri" in light grey on 40" U.S. size 8 Ebony circular knitting needles. The pattern calls for Frog Tree's Alpaca Wool (645 yards) but it was hard to find a light color yarn that looked perfect for a wedding. I don't believe she has gotten really far but I will keep you updated on her progress...

No comments: