Monday, October 20, 2008

Needle Felting


Tonight was a fun night! Last night I felted some old sweaters and a project I was making for my dad's birthday. Today all the pieces were dry (tip - I put them next to the dehumidifier!) so I was able to start working with the pieces. The piece I made for my dad's birthday didn't turn out. I was trying to make a felted dice cup (our family loves to play "Greed") but the piece didn't turn out thick enough. Next time I will double up the yarn and knit it on smaller needles. But the old sweaters from Abercrombie (circa 1995) and J. Crew turned out great. They felted up thick but aren't too heavy. I made some really cute coasters that I needle felted for a present but I also started needle felting a little piece to hang on the wall above my craft table. I have a lot of work to do on it. But it's got a little bit done - but the beading will take a lot of time. I have plans to do quite a lot of embellishment. I also plan on sewing on some fabric to the back and adding some sort of ribbon/leather/? to allow it to hang on the wall. I'll wait until I'm done with the piece and will use it as inspiration to decide how to finish it off. But the colors look great in the basement and I've been needing something to put over my craft area...

No comments: