Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wool Soakers


Sam tells me that all knitted infant items remind him of pioneer clothes... Too bad! This was a free pattern from a Ravelry user and looked too interesting to pass up. It's a knitted soaker pattern that has extra padding in the crotch area due to using a color work method. It also has nice shaping with short rows and the pattern was extremely easy to follow. It was a great little interesting project with all of the color variation and I also enjoyed learning the techniques the author used for some of the bum shaping. Take a look!
Here are the details:
Pattern: "Wool Soakers"
Book: Pdf download from Ravelry
Author: Justine Turner
Main Yarn: Knit Picks "Merino Style"
Main Color: Cornflower
Accent Yarn: Knit Picks Palette (I doubled the strands up)
Accent Color: Sunlight
Needles: U.S. 3 circular and U.S. 5 circular needles
Skeins: 1 skein of each color

Changes to pattern:
I knit this pattern almost exactly as written. As usual, I hate seaming and finishing so I knit all of the ribbing on circular needles in the round but changed to knitting straight for the rest of the pattern. I did use the "twisted rib" method for the ribbing to have a tight rib but with a lot of stretch. As you can see I also knitted the pattern in a stripe instead of solid color because I didn't have 2 skeins of a color (gotta use up my stash so I can get more yarn!!!)
Time from start to completion: 12 hours of knitting total.

No comments: