Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Projects, projects, projects...


I have too many ideas running through my brain with knitting projects. I wish my fingers could work a little faster!! I'm still working on my Minimalist Sweater. I have about 8 inches done of the back of the sweater. I'm slightly blocking the sweater as I go and I'm loving the drape and feel of the piece. The color is absolutely gorgeous too! It's a piece that really gets me inspired and excited to finish. I decided to knit the piece in seed stitch instead of moss stitch for even more texture since it's a cotton yarn and doesn't have as much springiness to it as a wool piece would have. I'm really happy with that decision.

I NEED to get started finishing up Sam's "Simple Sweater". It's hibernating over on my sofa in the family room calling me to finish it. All I have left is half of the front panel left (and sewing it up). I'm sure my Thanksgiving deadline will come quickly especially since I have all of these other projects pulling me in their direction.

I did finish up my Christmas Stocking that I posted about a couple weeks ago. The stocking came out too large so I decided to felt it. I made the stocking in pink and black for the dogs to share. I really decided that I don't like wet felting. It's so unpredictable and it makes me extremely nervous! But I stuck it in the washer and tried it anyway (that was the only way to save the piece). The colorwork shrunk up a lot more than the foot of the sock so I had to actually cut the foot of the piece a little and sew it back up to make the foot look a little more proportional. It's a cute dog stocking. But I will never again knit with Lopi yarn - it's hairy, itchy and overall just UCKY! (Sorry for those of you 1,000 people or so that have it being used in your current projects in Ravelry). It took FOREVER to shave the stocking after felting it but I'm posting the finished project here.

My next projects? Check it out:
1. Whit Knit's Cashmere Fingerless Gloves: Click on the name for the link to the free pattern. These could make cute gifts but I want them for myself.
2. Whit Knit's Pretty Lace Hand Warmers: Again, cute present or just for myself. A quick knit I'm sure...
3. Silken Scabbard Sweater by Stitch Diva Studios: I just bought this pattern online for $5. The patterns are on sale right now and I've shared the link below in my google reader at the bottom of this page. A VERY chic pattern with great shaping.
4. And finally I want to get started on the Posh Wedding Shrug by Cecily Glowik: Again, available free from the link. I'm planning on making this to wear myself. We'll see how it turns out...

It's pathetic, my yarn stash is starting to grow. I keep finding all of these great deals on yarn and I can't help but snatch them up. Recently I was reading a blog and was introduced to "Stash Up Yarns" etsy shop where she sells her handpainted/dyed yarns that have a great array of fibers. The colors are beautiful and I'm itching to buy some to make some socks...

Enough about what I want to do and I need to start actually doing. So I'm off... my needles are calling my name...

2 comments:

mary said...

I know that your mother would love a pair of the cashmere fingerless gloves in black and gray, or navy & ?, or brown & pink, etc.

mary said...

My favorite part of your site are the pictures. Thanks for sharing! Much love. Mom