Thursday, November 6, 2008

Simple Sweater Progress

I recently took some pictures of the progress that I've made on the "Simple Sweater" pattern that I'm knitting for Sam. I've picked the project back up and am determined to finish it soon. I'm kicking it into high gear!!! Wish me luck...
I also finished one of the pretty lace handwarmers by Whitney Van Nes last night. I knitted them with some hand-dyed alpaca/merino blend yarn that I dyed a couple weeks ago in an eggplant color. Tonight I'll finish up the next handwarmer. I decided not to follow the pattern exactly and instead knit the cuff of the warmer in a 2x2 rib pattern with a ruffle detail at the cast-off. They turned out cute and will add a little warmth when my hands get chilly inside. Once in a while when I knit my hands get cold and since these are fingerless I can just throw them on.

Wish me luck on finishing Sam's sweater...

No comments: