Sunday, December 28, 2008

Felted Purse Project

I haven't made a purse in forever! I tried to give presents this year that I had made to everyone. I didn't know what to make my grandmother and decided that a felted purse would be a fun project. I didn't want to follow a pattern and I had a great Noro yarn in my stash that I knew would felt up nicely (I have no idea the name of the yarn since the label was missing...) So I basically knit in the round a large hat looking shape until my yarn ran out. I then felted the project and lined the purse with some purple fabric (making a pocket with another fabric making spots for her phone, pencil and other little things) and placed some black wood handles on the finished purse. I am quite pleased with the finished product and it was fun to make! I have a great purse kit that I received as a thoughtful gift from a friend that I need to start. This purse has inspired me to pick it up.

No comments: