Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Free Online Pattern: "Wee Leafy Baby Set"


I just finished a really quick pattern - 2 hours casually start to finish. It's called "Wee Leafy Baby Set" by Flint Knits. Click on the link for the links to the pattern page and the main blog page. What a great, easy pattern. If you're new to knitting or want a quick, easy pattern perfect for a baby shower, you're in luck! I knitted this little hat in Ella Rae's Baby Cotton in "Lagoon" - it's a mint color that looks much cuter in person than in the flash of the camera. The leaf pattern is knit separately and is stitched in place quickly afterwords.
I purchased a good amount of Ella Rae Baby Cotton on sale at my local yarn store when it was 50% off - a steal at $2.50/skein. I chose the lagoon color for this hat because it was a fun color that was gender neutral. However, I don't know if I'm in love with the yarn to knit. The finished hat has nice stitch definition and is really soft for a cotton, but when knitting with it I ran into sections where the cotton wasn't tightly wound and split slightly and I really had to work at it. But for $2.50/skein it's a great yarn (and comes in some really yummy colors!!)
All in all, this was a fun project and I recommend everyone check out Flint Knit's blog...

No comments: