Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Free Online Pattern: "Giacamo Baby Hat"



Okay, okay! I know I'm going to hear this - why am I making all of these little hats? Because it's fun! Christmas is over and I'm already thinking about hats for next years foster children gift drive (or at least that's the excuse I'm giving!!) A little baby hat to knit is a pleasure - and this pattern is no exception!! The Purl Bee posted a pattern by Whitney Van Nes for a four color Fair Isle baby hat in a flower pattern that is precious (called "Giacamo's Baby Hat"). I knitted the hat this evening and it was a great colorwork pattern. The Purl Bee recommended the pattern be knitted in Blue Sky Alpaca but I had several colors of Ella Rae Baby Cotton on hand so I decided on a cotton cap and I'm pleased with my choice. Since I decided to knit the hat in cotton, I went down a size in needles because cotton isn't as "springy" as wool is and it turned out great. I want to add the pom pom on the top but I'm not sure about a cotton pom pom so I have to give it more thought. But until then feast your eyes on this little beauty (and the hat she is wearing...)

No comments: