Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beach Tote Finished


I was going to make the Elisa Nest Tote from Purl Soho when I started reading some comments on people who had made the pattern. Most comments were really positive but a lot of people said they preferred the "Everlasting Bagstopper" pattern from Knitty.com. After reading the reviews for the Knitty pattern I decided to sit down and cast on the Bagstopper. Boy am I glad I did! I finally finished the project after about a week of slow knitting. As I said in previous posts, I've been interested in making a knit bag for market Wednesdays and also for my trips to the beach when the warm weather strikes. So I aptly named this project my "Beach Tote" (I can just imagine a pair of sandy flip flops and a novel in this bag!!)
Projects Details:
Designer: Amy R. Singer
Pattern Name: Everlasting Bagstopper
Yarn: Ella Rae Baby Cotton in Light and Dark Blue (1 skein each).
Needles: U.S. 5 and U.S. 10 needles
Modifications to pattern:
This pattern calls for ribbon for the handles which I think took away from the organic nature of the bag. So I decided to knit up a long single handle that I wrapped around a length of twill tape (to prevent the handle from stretching out too much when the bag is full). I also decided to knit the bag in 2 colors for a little variation in color. I'm happy with the color choices. Now I just can't wait to use this bag!

No comments: