Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stash Buster Alert!!


I've been knitting like a crazy woman for the past couple weeks trying to use up my stash making baby hats for charity. I've tried various patterns, used many yarns and ended up with 20 hats and counting to donate for this month! I'm giving myself a pat on the back! My favorite patterns ended up being:
1. "Baby Hat" by Leigh Radford in the book "One Skein"
2. Preemie Hats for Charity by Carissa Browning
3. Bunny Tail by Susan B. Anderson in the book "Itty Bitty Hats"
I also made several hats making up patterns as I went to use various skeins that I had laying around. Does anyone have any charities that they recommend? The hospital I work at has a plethora of baby hats and I was thinking about trying out some different charities. Let me know if you have any ideas.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my knitting this week. Now I'm going to start the Woodland Shawl by Nikol Lohr . I'm excited about the shawl because it's a beautiful leaf pattern that will work great for my sister's wedding in Nover. Hopefully I'll have it finished by then because I'm not great at keeping at monotonous projects such as shawls...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend http://www.midwife.org/beaniesforbabies.cfm