Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Say "Yes!" to the Dress!


My sister has finally chosen a date for her wedding this coming November. I'm so excited for her and enjoying getting to tag along as she makes decisions for the big day. I think the hardest decision for her so far has been the wedding dress. This last week I was invited to go wedding dress shopping with her and my mother. We went to three dress shops (making the total number of wedding dress shops to like 7) and she tried on at least 10 dresses at each shop. She's lost count on how many dresses she's tried on but I'm sure the number has hit at least 115!! That's crazy!
But at a local store here in Ann Arbor she found the dress that brought tears to my eyes. She looks so gorgeous and grown up in it (she's not my baby sister anymore!) The gown is by Melissa Sweet and is made of silk radzimir and is a strapless A-line gown that has the most beautiful hand draped and wrapped ruched bodice with a flower detail on the front and an asymmetrically draped skirt. The dress certainly makes her the centerpiece of her fall themed wedding.
Now that she's got one part done - she's got at least 2 dozen more to go!!!

No comments: