Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Experiments


This weekend flew by for me! It felt like just yesterday was Friday morning and it's already time for Monday. Ugh!
We did a lot of stuff this weekend - from dodging hale storms on Saturday afternoon after a quick walk around the farmer's market for the first time this season (luckily we were in the midst of eating some yummy Zingerman's sandwiches and their outdoor tent held up to the pounding winds) to making homemade laundry soap.
Most of my activities turned out to be a lot of fun. I really enjoyed dodging the hale storm. Every person in a 2 mile radius ran inside for cover. I think I was the only fool standing outside! We decided that it would be fun to walk around downtown with Mia in tow. But since we had a dog with us, we were stuck outside (even though the nice folks at Zingerman's did offer me to come in the entrance for the storm but I declined). My husband was safe inside - ordering the sandwiches for us. But the bad part of the storm only lasted 5 minutes and it will be a moment I'll remember for the rest of my life. I was hysterically laughing - trying my hardest to get in the middle of the tent so the balls of ice wouldn't hit me or Mia. The wind was so strong that it just pelted the rain sideways into the tent. But little Mia just slept in the bag that I was carrying her in. She paid absolutely no attention to the what-felt-like-a-hurricane!
The laundry soap project has been on my list of to-do's for months. It seemed like an easy thing for me to do that was economical and green. There are many recipes out there (all are the same ingredients but have different ratios). I chose to follow the one here. We'll see how it washes clothes...
I have other projects to post, but I'll check in with ya'll tomorrow...

No comments: