Sunday, June 7, 2009

Free Online Pattern: "Reversible Shoulder Bag"

A project I just recently finished was the "Reversible Shoulder Bag" by Lula Louise. The pattern for the bag is available online from their website for free. It even has a step-by-step tutorial to guide you through making the bag.
I made this bag with the idea in mind that it would be a great market tote. My cousin is getting married this next week and I wanted to make a handmade gift for them. She and her soon-to-be husband are pretty "green" so I thought it would be nice to make them a package for the market (the tag in the picture with the flower is just a removable tag I made describing the bag for my cousin). I included in their gift the Reversible Shoulder Bag made of denim and a blue checkered shirt fabric and a set of four produce bags. The produce bags are a brain child of mine. If anyone is interested leave me a comment and I'll post the directions. I wanted to spiffy up the produce bags so I adorned them with labels from vintage fruit crates and added grommets to put the string through the bag. They turned out nicely and I think will make a nice gift.
The shoulder bag took a good 8 hours to make. But the produce bags can be pumped out once you get the hang of how to "conveyor belt sew them".
Now I need to make myself a bag...

1 comment:

machelle said...

oh those look lovely!