Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Confection Baby Shrug

This was such a fun pattern to make that I couldn't help but knit another one last evening. This "Confection Baby Shrug" is such a cute, quick pattern and used a single skein of Jaeger Yarn's "Chamonix" in colorway 904 (a muted grayish purple). I really did enjoy knitting with the Chamonix and will buy more skeins of this yarn - it's a mix of angora, wool and nylon. The finished knit was thick and soft (I did knit the shrug on size US 6 needles which is a small needle for this bulky yarn but I like the thick knit it produced).For the back on this shrug I put in a panel of “King Charles Brocade”:
1st row (right side): P2, K2tog, (K1, yo)twice, K1, sl1, K1, psso, P2
2nd row and every alt row:K2, P7, K2
3rd row: P2, k2tog, yo, k3, yo, sl1, k1, psso, p2
5th row: P2, k1, yo, sl1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo, k1, p2
7th row: P2, k2, yo, sl1, k2tog, psso, yo, k2, p2
8th row: Same as 2nd row
I repeated these rows 4 times total.

No comments: