Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Weekend in Review: Dogs and Cats

This weekend has been filled with some animal photography. My dogs were in an unusually photogenic mood on Saturday and posed for an impromptu photo session in the living room. These are some of the pictures that we ended up with.
For those of you who don't read my blog often, the dog on the left is Maddie (6 year old miniature poodle) and the dog on the right is Mia (1 1/2 year old Maltese). They are the best of buddies and play with each other all day long!
Maddie poses for the camera and gets her minute in the limelight.

And Mia gives her stereotypical "I'm just a little puppy - I look so innocent". She has some good puppy dog eyes (has anyone seen the Pixar movie "Bolt" - she's got that look down to a science!)

Enough of my puppies. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the people who live next door to me have a small colony of feral cats living under their deck. They never go in their backyard so the deck is just abandoned. The neighbor on the other side of me feeds the cats and looks after them. I keep telling myself that I need to trap them to get them spayed/neutered. But I haven't done it yet. Here is the mamma and son which like to come onto our patio and sun themselves. They are beautiful cats.
So that was my weekend - filled with dogs and cats! And a trip to the local Farmer's market...

1 comment:

machelle said...

Those shots are fabulous! I usually have to bribe my dog to get him to look 'cute'!