Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby Shower Gift

My cousin and her new husband (as of June this year) are expecting a bundle of joy this coming January. Since they are very green and plan on cloth diapering their little man I thought I would send them a package that would help get them started. I included a wool diaper cover that I made following Cat Coyle's Bobbled Bloomers from Boho Baby Knits. If you recognize the name it's because I've made the pattern before and loved it. It was easy to follow, fairly quick (about 5-6 hours), and seam-free. The first time I followed the pattern as written and they turned out darn cute but this time I thought I would omit the bobbles (they might be irritating to sit on) and instead just make them striped in black and blue (6 rows blue to 2 rows black) in Knit Picks Merino Wool Yarn. I think they turned out adorable!
To finish off the package I made 2 newborn sized fitted diapers and stenciled a onesie with a whale motif to match the diaper cover. I also included 3 burp cloths that I sewed from flannel and organic cotton. I thought the package turned out beautiful and I should have taken a picture before I wrapped it all up!
Hopefully they find the presents helpful and they live up to the wear and tear of baby. But most of all I wish them the happiest and most precious moments in the new year with their little boy. Congrats Todd & Bethany!

No comments: