Monday, November 9, 2009

Crazy Weekend!

As you already know from my last post, my little sister got married this weekend. It was a LONG weekend and I'm still trying to recover from all of the activity. My sister looked beautiful and extremely happy - and my mother did an amazing job at decorating the ballroom where the reception was held. Had it not been pitch black at both the wedding (held at the Botanical Gardens in the greenhouse when it was dark) and the reception, I would have some pictures to post here. All I have are some pretty pathetic attempts at trying to get a picture with my aperture set at f1.8 and a really long shutter speed...
I got Leah's present done in time. I made her an 8x8" scrapbook with pictures of her and her (now) husband that I had on my computer. It was a 20 page scrapbook that took a lot longer than I imagined. But I finished up the last page 3 hours before the ceremony! It didn't even dry all the way, but I threw it in the book anyway!
I also asked our family to send me favorite recipes to compile a cookbook for my sister. When I got married I was surprised by my mother in law with a recipe card box filled with favorite recipes from everyone attending our wedding. It was so thoughtful and so sweet that I had to do it for my sis. But knowing Leah, I am aware that she might not be good at keeping a box filled with individual recipe cards. So I enlisted the help of Google and found the website called "Tastebook". You upload recipes, notes, and pictures and they print and mail you a professional looking cookbook. It turned out spectacular! I loved it so much I had one made for myself!

Sunday I spent all day in bed with my back killing. I didn't even see Mia until it was time to go to bed because she was downstairs all day. But Dexter did lay with me and give me his cuddly sympathy...Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments: