Thursday, November 12, 2009

Zig Zag Lace Vest

I just finished blocking a beautiful "Eyelet Vest" by Debbie Bliss. I knitted this pattern for the first time a couple weeks ago (see here) in some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I just received some beautiful Lorna's Laces Swirl Dk yarn in the mail from Jimmy Bean's Wool. The color "Bittersweet" was so enticing that I couldn't help casting on another vest.This time I decided to knit the bottom of the vest in the pattern "Lacey Zigzag" (pg 220) from the book "Lace & Eyelets, 250 Stitches to Knit". The stockinette stitch was boring to knit and I thought a patterned bottom would give a little more zip. It sure did! It turned out great!I still knitted the piece in the round to avoid seaming and casted off the shoulder using 3 needle bind-off. I also picked up the stitches for the arm and neck in the round. This way when I was finished there was absolutely NO seaming. Aahhh...I finished the sweater with a little bee button I had in my stash. All in all, this was a great pattern and I will have to sit on my hands to avoid knitting another one! I think this will be my standby baby shower gift.Thanks Debbie Bliss!

1 comment:

Qi said...

I love the colors! The perfect blend of warm and cool, and it looks very comfy (: