Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby Shower Gift

My mother and I have been invited to my friend's baby shower this weekend. My friend is expecting TWIN GIRLS in the beginning of October! I'm so excited for her and can't wait to celebrate this weekend...
For a present we decided to team up and knit a little package for her precious bundles. My mom visited Nina's knit shop when she was in Chicago a couple months ago and bought some beautiful light pink (color "Shell") Organic Worsted Cotton by Blue Sky Alpacas. She worked hard on a gorgeous baby blanket using the pattern "Eyelet Baby Blanket" by designer Leslie Scanlon (available by Blue Sky Alpacas). This pattern calls for 7 skeins of yarn and U.S. 10 needles so it's a pretty quick knit for a blanket. I can tell it's a great pattern for the fact that my mom has knit 3 blankets (one for me, one for my friend, and one for charity!)
To go with the blanket she also bought some coordinating yarn by Blue Sky Alpacas called "Suri Merino" (in color "dawn"). It's a luscious yarn with great loft and is SUPER soft. It's definitely worth the price tag (all of Blue Sky Alpacas yarn is worth the pricey price tag in my opinion...) With a single skein of the Suri Merino I knit up 2 baby hats from the book "One Skein" by Leigh Radford and had enough left over to make at least one more.
I hope my friend enjoys her gift. It was knitted with love - and sure does look and feel heavenly. I might go out and buy some of the Suri Merino to make a baby hat for my little man. It's that wonderful (even though it has to be hand washed!)

No comments: