Thursday, June 17, 2010

Diamond Baby Sweater Finished

I bought the knitting book "Vintage Baby Knits" awhile back on a whim when I was at JoAnn's Fabric Store. I had a 50% off coupon and thought a lot of the patterns looked really cute.
Since bringing the book home I've knit many of the patterns. Since these are vintage patterns - I think Kristin Rengren did a nice job updating the patterns for modern yarn and sensibilities. However, I still think that some of the fit is off. A lot of the patterns are a little large for the size listed (most notably the Milo Soakers, which I've knit several of - another post to follow soon on those).Here is a quick sweater that I knit from the book. I changed up the pattern in the diamond section a little bit to make it a little more boyish. I also knit in a LOT tighter of a gauge and went up a size just so it would be a lot thicker. The yarn is black Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (3 skeins) and I ran out of yarn on the sleeves so I was only able to make it short sleeves... oh well...

No comments: