Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Handmade Boxes


I was wrapping all of my presents for Christmas and didn't have enough little boxes. What was I to do? Spend $3-4 on some plain, white boxes that I'll have to cover in wrapping paper? No way! I had some red flocked paper in my scrapbook stash that I couldn't use for scrapbooking since adhesive didn't seem to stick to it. The paper seemed like the perfect texture and size to fold using my 4th grade origami technique of making a box. I couldn't remember all of the steps but ran across a really nice tutorial using pictures that refreshed my memory. Take a look at their website here: Do-It-Yourself Gifts. The step-by-step instructions were helpful and I made some really cute boxes that were the perfect size with the 12"x12" scrapbook paper. Try it and have fun!

No comments: