Monday, April 20, 2009

Bobbled Bloomers


Good afternoon! Today I have been having an awful day. It's raining outside and I feel like I have a big black cloud just looming over me. I've been dropping things all day long and I was running late all day because I just can't get things right the first time I do them. But the worst part of the day came this afternoon. After I was done working out I went to the supermarket to get stuff for dinner. I forgot my reusable bags in the car and had to use the store's bags (big mistake!) - so when I was walking from my car to my house (in the POURING rain), one of the bags ripped open at the bottom and a glass bottle of Perrier water fell out and hit the ground. It didn't just break, it EXPLODED! Glass shrapnel shot through the air and sliced my leg open and got all over the sidewalk. So I spend 15 minutes picking up all of the glass in the thunderstorm that was passing through. When I thought my bad luck was over I made the mistake of trying to make my own almond butter for lunch. I had purchased a bag of organic almonds at the store and had read blogs of people who commonly make their own almond or nut-of-any-kind butter. So I stuck the nuts in the Cuisenart and started pulsing it into a creamy butter. It seemed to work just fine when all of a sudden smoke started billowing out of the machine and little flames started flickering out a opening. Insane! I'm just going to sit in a padded room for the rest of the day...

In knitting news: I finished these soaker shorts a couple weeks ago as part of my working through the "Boho Baby Knits" book. This was a great pattern and a pleasure to knit. If you are not fond of making bobbles, I don't recommend this pattern. I know some knitters hate making bobbles because they take a couple moments each, but I think they add a little bit of a fun touch to the shorts. I knit these soakers in Cascade 220 Solids and Heathers in shades of greys and blues. It took less than 1/2 of a skein per color.
I also knit the bobbled "topper" hat but can't find where I put it. I might have donated it already without taking a picture! Oh well, I'll just have to knit another...

No comments: