Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scenester Legwarmers: Boho Baby Knits

I finished up a quick pair of "Scenester Legwarmers" from the book "Boho Baby Knits" by Kat Coyle. So far I've made 3 other projects from the book:
1.Bobbled Bloomer
2. Bobbled Topper (to match the bloomer)
3. Studio Loungers (I'm finishing up the last leg using the left-over Cascade 220 from the bloomers and toppers)
This is a great book! I borrowed the book from the library and might find myself purchasing the book when I have knits that I want to make for my own use. I recommend this book. The patterns are well written, easy to follow, have minimal seaming (I LOVE the bloomer and topper pattern) and generally are just basic patters with great shape and a little bit of added whimsy (check out the "Woodland Fairy Wings").
And I have a couple projects still in queue waiting to be knitted: the "Modernist Stripe Sleep Sacque" (the perfect baby shower gift) and down the road it would be fun to make the "Mobile Menagerie" (when I have use for it). Most of my knits have found their way to families in need. I have a great amount of happiness and peace knitting children's pieces knowing that they will find their way to a child that needs them. This last week I dropped off a large box of hats that I've knitted (almost 40 in total) that will be split up between our local children's hospital and a foster child program. Many of you know that I suffered a pretty bad injury a couple years back and my knits have been my constant therapy. The feeling of accomplishment you get when you take a ball of wound fleece and make an item out of it is hard to explain. I'm most comfortable with a pair of needles between my fingers.

No comments: