Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Crafts & Free Online Pattern

This month I placed an order with the "Fat Quarter Shop" and received some beautiful fat quarter bundles. I ordered the Aspen Wildwood Fat Quarter Bundle (bottom right) and another bundle (top left) that was clearanced and no longer offered. Fat Quarter Shop mailed out my order quickly and it was packaged really professionally. I will surely shop there again! Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to make with my purchases...
I'm also finishing up my sister's wedding gift. Scrapbooking takes so much time! But it's almost finished and should be ready for her wedding this weekend.
The top right is a preview of the stroller blanket I am writing up as a freebie. I still need to finish the seaming and sewing on the fabric backing. With so many other projects as a higher priority, I'm trying my hardest to get it finished. But I realized with this project that I HATE seaming garter stitch. Stockinette seaming is much, much easier and cleaner-looking.
The bottom middle picture is another Bobbled Bloomer by Kat Coyle in "Boho Baby Knits". I'm addicted to the pattern!! This time I made it in a cotton yarn so it's purely decorative and not functional as a diaper cover (how functional can bobbled bottoms be anyway?)
I did, however, make a pair of baby socks to match the bloomers with the leftover yarn. It's a free pattern available online by Valley Cafe called "North Country Cotton Baby Socks".

No comments: