Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dexter is growing up!

Many of you know that I rescued a little kitty from a compost pile last August at a friend's farm. He was less than 2 weeks old and teeny tiny. Well... 5 months later he has grown into quite a cat! If you know me, you know that I don't like cats. I'm not a cat person and I don't think I ever will be. But somehow little Dexter made his way into my heart. So we permanently made him a member of our household and we haven't looked back.
He's become Mia's best friend. They sleep together in Mia's bed and they romp around the house playing with each other. Maddie will occasionally get in on the play but mainly her only interaction with the cat is if they are both lying next to me and then she'll let him groom her (Maddie never turns down a belly or back rub, no matter the species performing it!)
I just thought I would update you on our little man who is turning into quite a big man. He's about the size of Mia now...

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

thats such a sweet story :) and lovely contrast in your photograph of dexter! hes a handsome young buck :D