Sunday, January 31, 2010

Free Online Pattern: Garder Yoke Cardi

So I started up knitting today for the first time in a couple months. I had a project sitting on my knitting pile screaming to be finished - all it had left to be completed was an arm! So I picked up and dove in and in less than an hour it was finished. And I have to say it turned out beautiful and really soft!
Pattern: Garder Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel (available free online)
Yarn: Calls for 3 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Treasure. I used 2 skeins of Sublime Yarn's Soya Cotton DK in Navy.
Needles: Calls for U.S. 4, I used U.S. 3 needles.
Details: This was a great pattern! Easy to follow and turned out so freakin' cute! I made the arm length shorter because I only had 2 skeins of yarn on hand and because the baby is due in July so long sleeves aren't necessary. Luckily I made that choice because when I casted off the sweater I had a whole 6 inches of yarn left! I was sweating towards the end and was so relieved when my last stitch was casted off.
It was wonderful to be knitting again. Hopefully I'll get rid of this nausea soon so that I have the energy to sit down and knit more often. Sam and I are excited to find out the gender of this baby in the coming month. So I'm sure my knitting will be revamped once we know if we can knit pink items or blue items.
So if you're looking for an easy pattern that turns out super cute and knits up quickly, this pattern is for you. Thanks Jennifer Hoel for taking the time to write up this pattern!!

No comments: